Wednesday 20 April 2011

Microwaving. Everything.

So I accidentally found this channel on youtube. First I thought that some - not so bright – Americans pretending to be Arabs and microwave every thing they get in their hands. I also thought: wait till Bin Laden see this! They will suffer from making fun about the Arabs. But then, after couple of watched episodes I've got revelation - they are really Arabs. (:D) And yes, they really microwave everything. And now I don't think they are not so bright, they probably don't have any better idea (just like “Dancing Matt”) and they want to arise on the internet.

With all responsibility I can say that this material/channel is pure sh*t with some flashes of coolness.


Some of the videos are cool like microwaving a lighting bulb:




I love the effect. But I agree with one of the youtuber's comment:

its as if you can see the microwaves at some points like 1.22

And yep, mercury vapours give drain bamage.. awsome vid tho!"
(I don't understand the first part but agree with the second).



Some (videos) are stupid (“and that's like my opinion, man) – microwaving a 100 pack of cds:

When I saw it I thought to myself: much better effect you will get from microwaving one CD. Not that I tried to microwave CDs. I just watched clip of microwaving one cd 2 days ago. And that's how I found this guy(s). And I'm not alone with that opinion because one of the comments is:


“Just saying this dude but this video was kinda weak. Nothing special I'd rather watch one microwaved for the spark show rather then a bubble show. :/”


I think that this kind of activity on the internet is more ambitious than dancing in some exotic parts of the world and filming it (I again talking about “Dancing Matt”). And of course I didn't know that Arabs can laugh about themselves.

So if you you are bored, in TV/internet is nothing on – watch some things being treated with microwave!

Q: do you ever microwaved something other than food? :)


17 comments:

  1. I don't have a microwave so I've never microwaved anythink ;)
    The first clip is very interesting but the second one is quite boring. I expected a different effect. Probably 1CD could be more interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. helloooo... in the article I wrote: "much better effect you will get from microwaving one CD". I have a strange feeling that someone did not read the article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Thanks :) Probably I missed this sentence... So we think the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen such videos before on one hand they are funny but on the other they show how stupid people can be, but when it comes to destroying things in kitchen devices I recommend you to watch "Will it Blend" series on Youtube :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! how stupid is that!:) but I agree with you definitely, it's a hundred times more interesting than "dancing Matt"
    and I have to say I really like the effect of this microwaved lighting bulb It reminds me my experiments when I was little and I watched to many McGyver series at that time, i won't give you a details, I was young and stupid;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was a child I putted a metal pot inside a parents microwave...and that was last time in my life when I used that microwave.
    Have you watched that movie about Exploding Water in microwave? That’s quite funny. I saw it few years ago and I have never heard about that effect before. Fresh water in a smooth glass can become overheated without any sign of boiling. When you put the glass out, water could explode harming your hands and face. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_OXM4mr_i0 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeWQ72X-YnM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something of a series of Brainiac do not do it at home alone !!!!:)
    I do not know whether this is a good idea to use the microwave.
    I'd rather not use it, because it produces an excessive amount of harmful waves. what causes different side effects. And the food made ​​in a microwave is ugly escape.

    I'm afraid of anything else to insert a microwave oven, for fear of explosion. Maybe my knowledge of physics is not good enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No I do not microwave any other things than food since I do not see any point. Microwave is for heating food not God knows what. I think it is a waste of time and those people who do it on youtube have nothing more interesting to do and they want to get famous by doing ridiculous things.

    I do agree that such videos show how stupid people can be and what stupid things they are willing to do in order to appear on the Internet and become “famous” To me it is pure stupidity. I think these people have nothing better to do and what is worse they do not have any idea what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never had a microwave so I wasn't able to experiment with it;/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a microwave and I have never used it for other things than food. Sorry but what for?? I am always extremely amazed that people from USA are so keen on doing such a stupid and senseless things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Małgorzata Suska s4429
    Ekhm. Another commenter which didn't have the courtesy to read the article.

    _THEY AREN'T FROM USA_, IT'S LIKE IN THE FIRST FREAKING PARAGRAPH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I did. I started with egg to blow it up. It worket ;). Then i tried with silver and CD it works as well. Effect is simillar to cold fires at the begining and that in just burnes. On Braniac on dicovery there were many other experimrts that finishet with total dostruction of microwaves. Google it !

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I read the title of this article I thought that it will be about some people that make all their food in the microwave :P But I see that people have much more weird ideas. On the other hand the movie showing bulb in the microwave is cool, maybe I will try it sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't even have a microwave so I hadn't microwave anything, ever :) But such films make me firmly believe to do not buy such things. I rather like to cook my food. I thing it would be more healthy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried to use the microwave for other uses, because I think it is quite dangerous, and also attempt of such use destroy the device.
    I prefer to watch such experiments on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don’t know why it’s so common to have a microwave at home. I’ve
    never had one. Since I don’t use a microwave to heat products,
    unfortunately experiments are not possible to me as well. I’m not a
    scientist, but I wonder if a light bulb could light without connected
    to an electrical wire, maybe in the future there’s a possibility for
    wireless energy? Or maybe that’s too naive..

    Anyway these videos reminded me of another experiment that’s called
    "Will It Blend?!". I think someone already mentioned this series
    before here in comments.. They challenge us to prove that they can use
    a specific brand of kitchen blender to mix everything. From iPods to
    golf balls. On their YouTube channel you can suggest what they should
    blend :)


    Here are some of my favourite examples:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blendtec#p/u/33/DLxq90xmYUs iPhone 3G
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwXX2aqHRME Old Spice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1yh_w5XO4 Air Soft Gun
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_A3EAuXA38 Pens

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I was young I microwaved aluminum lid which is on the top of the Nutella jar :) The effect was that I had a lightning on whole microwave. There was cool as young boy :)

    ReplyDelete