Saturday 20 November 2010

Exotic Animals part III

Hi everyone, in the last part of my presentation I would like to tell you about keeping dangerous exotic animals at home. I suppose that many of you know at least several dangerous reptiles and know that some of them can be venomous and their venom can kill even a huge animal.
Do you remember the case of 73 years old woman from Wrocław, who found two-meters anaconda in her toilet? The/That Snake had traveled into the sewer pipes before the old woman found him.
This picture present two-meters anaconda from the woman’s toilet.

Fortunately, this story had a happy end. The snake didn’t do anything bad to the woman, and the woman to the snake. She kept her head, called the police and they took the unusual visitor to the zoo. Police still doesn’t know whether snake escaped from someone home or someone threw him out.

This movie present that an anaconda best hunts by natgeotv.com

On this page you can read about venomous snake which bit a woman in the USA.

We can find a similar story on the Internet. Some woman had a python molurus (it’s a snake that usually achieves five-meters). She didn’t hold it in any container. The snake was crawling around the house, warming up on the window sills and sleeping convoluted in the owner’s bed. After a few months the snake stopped eating and the woman took him to the vet. The vet said that everything is ok and the snake is healthy. Two nights later woman woke up at night and saw that the snake lies next to her - it looked like a stick. The scared woman took the snake to the vet again and told him what happened at night. This time the vet recognize that it is typical for a snake which wants to eat a big victim. In this case it would be the owner and its strange behavior was associated with it. It was sleeping straight, and not convoluted as usual, because it wanted to know if it is long enough. It was also preparing his stomach for taking in a huge piece of food.

I have no idea how much truth is in this story but I heard it and I think that it’s possible.


This movie present how long can be a python molurus

Not only snakes can be dangerous. One of my friend has got nine spiders (five of them are venomous), two snakes and seven piranhas. One of the venomous spiders bit him when he was fedding it. This day he wasn’t alone at home and only that saved his life. His adventure with the spider was not the only one dangerous moment, sometimes he gets bitten by his piranhas;).

Questions:
1.) What do you think about keeping venomous animals at home?
2.) Have you heard any other dangerous story with exotic animals?
3.) What do you think about keeping huge snakes?
4.) Go to this webpage(http://www.toptenz.net/10-dangerous-exotic-pets.php). Do you agree with this list?

10 comments:

  1. I didn't have any animal ever and when I think about having one, any venomous isn't on the list. Nonetheless there's something about them. I remember when my friend invited me and showed me his collection of snakes that were all over his room (in terrariums, of course). It was weird, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not think it is a good idea to keep venomous animals at home. One of my colleagues friend used to have a snake at home, and there were stories like the snake lying in the bath, snake disappearing from the flat at resting at the neighbours' balcony. Maybe these are not dangerous stories but for people who are afraid of this type of animals must have been scared showing a snake in the bath when they wanted to take a bath. I really do not think it is a good idea to keep these animals at home, especially when you are an outgoing person, who has a lot of friends and is organizing lots of parties at home. Taking into account the top 10 most dangerous animals I would never suspect that camel or monkey can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don`t understand why people would keep vanomous animals at home. I`ve never heard of story with exotic animal and keeping any snake at home is just disgusting and I don`t understand it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to say that, but I'm against keeping dangerous, exotic animals at homes, because in most cases those are not domesticated animals - "still wild" - which sooner or later may not control their natural reactions and hurt their owner or other household member not to mention killing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And again some irresposible breeder lost his big snake. U can read about it on TVN Warszawa web http://www.tvnwarszawa.pl/informacje,news,czterometrowy-pyton-quot-wpadl-quot-na-pradze,51596.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as my colleagues I'm against keeping dangerous animals at home, they are dangerous not without a reason

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do understand why people want to have a deadly animal at their home, but I'm certainly not one of them. Gecko is a cool creature, but feeding a boa snake with mice next to your bead is a bit over the top :)

    And I must say... LOL about the Kinkajou from the link you attached. Miss Hilton fails, yet again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what's funny about the story with woman that had a python molurus? I've heard it thousands times before in many versions. Personally I don't believe that any of them was true. If you really need company, go and buy yourself guinea pig or hamster because snake doesn't sound like an good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I think it would be quite interesting. You are simply not prepared for any outcomes at any second =)
    2. There was a man died in an incident of licking toxic skin of a frog over a bet. It took 20 minutes for the victim to be poisoned to death.
    3. I dont like snake and wont be a good idea for me.
    4. You never know what could be dangerous in life till you have learnt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon!. parrot eggs for sale

    ReplyDelete