Sunday 7 November 2010

The phenomenon of globalization - part III

What are the costs and benefits of free trade?

Current free trade areas with more than three member countries.

PRO-GLOBALIZATION:
• In
ternational trade and investment have been the engines of world growth over the past 50 years. The amount of goods traded around the world have grown by 16 times since 1950, reflecting the lowering of tariff barriers. The growth of trade in services is even greater

Many people believe that export creates jobs, and import costs jobs and that it therefore makes sense to have barriers against import. This thinking led to the Great Depression in 1930, because so many countries had erected barriers against imports that global trade fell with catastrophic consequences.

ANTI-GLOBALIZATION:
• The World Trade Organization agreements on free trade have functioned principally to prise open markets for the benefit of transnational corporations at the expense of national economies; workers, farmers and other people; and the environment
• 12 hours of the work
• undermining

What is the role of the internet and communications technology in globalization?


PRO- GLOBALIZATION:

• Many within developing countries see the internet as an opportunity to gain access to knowledge and services from around the world in a way that would have been unimaginable previously
• The internet may also facilitate opportunities for economic development in industries such as tourism
• The internet and technologies such as mobile telephony allow developing countries to leapfrog steps in their development of infrastructure
ANTI- GLOBALIZATION:
• it is increasingly becoming the tool of transnational corporations to market their information products around the world
• Because it is rich countries generating most of the content on the internet, it becomes a form of cultural imperialism, in which western values dominate. English is the language of the Internet
• The internet is also creating new gaps between the rich and the poor. Rich countries have much greater access to the internet and communications services generally

Globalization in your life

Globalization is in your life every day in many aspects: mobile phones, computers, restaurants, books (ex. Harry Potter), movies, etc. When you go abroad you know that you can watch the same movie which is in your country, eat the same Big Mac in McDonald’s, drink Coca Cola, buy Nike shoes and listen Lady Gaga in a radio.
Globalization in Poland, for me, is positive. We can use high-tech (for ex. iPhone), almost everybody use mobile phone and internet, the country is up-to-date.

Summarizing I think that globalization may be a chance for the world but it should extend only if with the respect for even the smallest country and especially for each men.

Questions:

· Are You PRO or ANTI-globalist? Motivate your chose.

· Is the globalization inevitable?

· Do you use internet to contact foreign people?

12 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if i am pro or anti globalist. what I know is that I enjoy privileges which globalization give us. I think globalization it's inevitable process. We share the same planet so its obvious we should cooperate.
    And answer for the last question is definitely yes, the only reason I am user of some social network services like for example Facebook is to keep in touch with my friends from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that globalization is so advanced. Few years ago it was something abstract to go f.g. to Egipt, Usa or Taiwan in few hours for ordinary people. Now going on abroad holidays is something normal.

    You mention sth about Iphone, it's great phone... I think it was quite breakthrough launching this product. Everything is in it is so simple, checking emails, downloading apps, web browsing and so on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are You PRO or ANTI-globalist? Motivate your chose.

    Definitely I am PRO globalist. I think that it is very important to make a new possibilities by
    Foreign trade with another country , because it give new opportunity for our country, like :new place of work , changing of experience between different countries regard on cultures , science. Thanks to globalization , there isn’t any barriers so development of many areas of life can be improve.

    Is the globalization inevitable?

    Yes , I think that globalizations is inevitable, regard on develop of science and internet , the people can be in touch with everyone from all the world, Without globalizations , dynamic growth of culture, economic, educational would be impossible so globalization is necessary and inevitable in our time.


    Do you use internet to contact foreign people?

    Yes , I use internet to contact with foreign people, because it is very interesting when we can get to know some another people who have the same interest, and we can also to share our opinion or view.
    So sometimes I am talking with foreign people from another country to know also their culture or to talk in different language.
    s5258

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my oppinion you can't be PRO/ANTI globalist it's just like being PRO/ANTI gravitation. It's just a thing we have to addapt to.

    Globalization is inevitable, only other alternative is being isolated and backward.

    I think that in our generation almost everyone has used internet and conctacted with foreign people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I`ve never thinked about if I am pro or anti globalist because I don`t feel it on myself. Yes I think that globalization is inevitable - world want to develop. We all contact foreign people - so do I :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm PRO globalist. I think that globalization is very important for us and our world.
    Is the globalization inevitable?
    Definitely YES! It's inevitable because our world looks like now, and world economy also needs globalization.
    Do you use internet to contact foreign people?
    Of course! I have some friends in USA, Canada, New Zealand and my brother lives in Denmark so the Internet give us the opportunity to being in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it is hard to state where globalisation ends and where global marketing begins. Essentially it's the same thing. Isn't outsourcing a form of globalisation? If yes, than we should all be thankful for it's existance. Poland is trying to become an IT export country - let's hope it does.

    Globalisation is inevitable as it is not only motivated by the multinational corporations but also people's desire to own offshore products and use offshore services.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New generation menagers of American breeding, isn't running away with mentality from superintendents on cotton plantations in times of the slavery. These specially selected psychopaths, they led to the dehumanization of the work in the USA, now boldly they took each behind Europe. Times, when the hired employee decided same value, are passing irretrievably. The system isn't tolerating the individuality and he doesn't value own possessions and it is contradictory around being of the system. Circle is closing and too literally pare of years, will reach the crisis. Despite this that I am antiglobalist I use the Internet to communicate with people

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my vision of a global world it will operate like multilevel and multi-dimensional network.

    It's like with the Italian pizza, which became popular in the U.S., and then infiltrated
    other countries. World may resemble a social networking site like Facebook. It allows people
    to create networks, facebook is not based on a common ideology, country, language. It's based on people choosing what thy want to have on their news-feed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. I am a pro-globalist. I have seen anti-globalists wearing clothes from foreign companies (international corps).
    2. Yes it is inevitable it is everyday life.
    3. Yes, I contact foreign people through many different kinds of social media devices. They are facebook, e-mail holders, skype.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Something in between. We should keep our culture and identity but also try to understand other nations.

    2. Yes, my own everyday life proofs it.

    3. Also yes. Thanks to internet I have three great friends in Germany, UK and Lithuania. Those contacts made mu much more sensitive about international politics of our country. Discussions with them make me see the other point of view(esp in difficult Polish-Lithuanian relations).

    ReplyDelete

  12. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Pedro That Save My Family From Financial Bondage

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Pedro, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Pedro. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to the help of Mr, Pedro for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: { pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 } Telegram @ pedroloanss

    ReplyDelete